Shop Gifts For Everyone
Candace Cameron Bure Collection
Bible Journaling 101
New Bible Journaling Arrivals
Recently added items
You have no items in your shopping cart.
$5 Perpetual Calendars
$5 Journals & Books
All Gift Giving
Bible Journaling New Arrivals
See What's New
Preparing for the holidays can be a lot of work. In fact, during the next few weeks, your Christmas to-do list is probably about to grow into an outrageous, poster-sized banner. Am I right? And then, before you know it, your Christmas experience turns into a frenzy of challenging task after challenging task.
Why not do it differently this year? Let’s get a head start on this season to ensure that this Christmas is about the celebration of the birth of Our Savior. Below you will find six ways you can prepare for Christmas while remembering the reason we celebrate the season.
1. Add an advent calendar to your nightly routine. An advent calendar is a wonderful way to prepare your family for the celebration of the birth of Jesus. Not sure how an advent calendar works? Check out our article on How To Use An Advent Calendar and get a head start on the celebration this year.
2. Decorate your Christmas tree as a family. Choose lights and ornaments that represent the true Christmas story. With the Shepherd on the Search Christmas Ornament, you can put the Shepherd up on your tree and follow along with Shepherd on the Search Advent Devotional with your children.
3. Serve others. Start a card ministry, organize a bake sale for your favorite charity, deliver pre-cooked Christmas dinners or easy-clean-up meals to your elderly friends, or volunteer your time at a local food pantry. By serving others at Christmas and year-round, you are answering God’s call in your life. “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10 ESV
4. Decorate gradually. Slow down the process of putting your nativity scene out. By displaying your manger scene one piece at a time, you will be able to truly focus on the involvement of each person in the miraculous first Christmas story—of course, topping it off Christmas Day with the arrival of baby Jesus.
5. Find time to sit quietly. As the busyness of the holiday season approaches, set aside a designated time each day to fully focus on listening to God’s voice. Pick up some prayer resources to help deepen your personal relationship with Jesus as we approach the celebration of His birth.
6. Study the Christmas story. Read enlightening books about the amazing birth of Jesus, and read the story of Jesus' birth straight from God's Word with your family. Looking for materials to help your children or grandchildren learn more about the birth of Christ? Check out our Christmas-themed activity books such as Christmas Joys or Jesus Is Born!
We all know how easy it is to get caught up in the Christmas rush. At DaySpring, we want to come alongside you this season to bring you inspirational devotionals, helpful tips, and fun ideas to remind us all of the reason we celebrate Christmas. We hope our six ways to prepare for the holidays will help bring your focus back to the amazing Christmas story and His unfailing love for us. Whenever you start to feel frustrated and tense during your holiday preparations, remember to check our articles & resources page to find inspirational Christmas devotionals and more! And, be sure to start with these related articles:
Simple Advent Activities for Your Family
Hope for a Difficult Christmas Season
Finding Peace in the Face of Family Stress
Looking for more inspiration? Check out our Devotional Library and be sure to sign up for our e-newsletter to receive free articles, updates from our Ecard Studio as well as exclusive deals.
Subscribe to more articles, other great content and inspiration.
Our very latest products, content & ideas.
Your first email is on the way.
To redeem $20 off any $60 purchase, enter promo code GREENMONDAY in cart. Offer not valid on Willow Tree Collection. Offer valid Monday, December 10, 2018 at 12:01am CT through Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 11:59pm CT. Limit one promo code per order. Offer cannot be applied to previous purchases and cannot be redeemed for cash. Terms are subject to change.
Therefore encourage one another
and build each other up as you are already doing.
1 Thess 5:11 CSB